Are connectivity issues causing trouble in your work? Is the Wi-Fi network not distributed evenly in your home especially if it is a multi story place? Does moving further away from the router weakens the connectivity signal? If all the answers are yes, you most likely have installed a Wi-Fi Extender in your home or looking to install one.
These Wi-Fi extenders are the solution to your network connection problems. But then the question arises where to place wifi extender especially in a 3 story house. Which is the best wifi extender for 3 story house? Let us address all these questions & more.
What is a Wi-Fi extender? –
A Wi-Fi extender is a wired or wireless device used to rebroadcast the internet signals in the dead zones where the router signals cannot be reached. It is a separate device connected to the Wi-Fi router to gain increased signal strength. The best place to keep the Wi-Fi extender in a house is to place it in the middle of a wireless router and the area you want the high-speed connection.
How do Wi-Fi extenders work? –
Wi-Fi extenders help to expand the coverage area in the house. The Wi-Fi extenders connect to your existing wireless network, and once the signals are transmitted from the router, the Wi-Fi extenders create their signals and rebroadcast them to reach the areas where originally the network received was very weak. They act as the middle-man to transfer and strengthen the connectivity signals.
For making these wifi extenders work, it is difficult to find the right place for them. The questions may arise, especially when you have a double or 3- story house. You might get confused with where to place a wifi extender in 3 story house? Will the wifi extender for 3 story house distribute equal signals? Just keep in mind the Wi-Fi extender needs to be near enough to the router to catch the signal but placed far enough to provide the connectively to the areas with no signal or a very weak signal earlier.
Where to place a wifi extender in a 3-story house? –
To find the ideal location for a Wi-Fi extender in a 3-story building, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the wifi router is placed in the ideal spot. The ideal spot for your Wi-Fi router for a 3-story house is in the middle of the second floor so that the signal can be evenly distributed between all three floors.
- Thereafter, the best place to keep a Wi-Fi extender is in a 3-story house is at the place where the signal is present but has started weakening. The wifi extender should be placed within the wireless range of the router avoiding any obstacles. It should be placed in a clear line of sight between the router and your computer to grab the high-speed signals.
- Also, it is possible that you might need multiple extenders depending upon the structure of your home and the places you need a strong signal.
Best wifi extender for 3 story house-
The best wifi extender for 3 story house in the market is TP-Link RE650 AC2600. To read its detailed review, check here.
Below is the list of the five best Wi-Fi extenders for a three-story house.
- TP-Link RE650 AC2600 Wi-Fi Range Extender
- Netgear AX1800 4-Stream Mesh Extender (EAX20)
- Rock Space AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender
- Netgear Nighthawk X6S EX8000 Tri-band WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream AC1900+ Wi-Fi Range Extender
Install and use these wi-fi extenders optimally for best results and no further troubles with your wi-fi connection signals.