Wondering how to set up Apple Pay Cash on your iPhone? Well, it’s not rocket science. All you have to do is follow the instructions here and you can immediately start receiving and requesting money on both your iPhone and Apple Watch.
In this short 5-minute article, I’m going to walk you through the exact process to set up and use Apple Cash in your Apple Pay wallet. Once you figure out the steps, you can easily send, receive, request money or transfer cash into your bank account.
Setting up Apple Cash on your iPhone
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
- Tap the card and select Set Up Now.
- Tap Continue on the next screen. Wait for a while and you will find a pop-up window that says Apple Cash is Set Up.
- Tap on Continue. In case you do not have a debit card on your phone, you’ll be prompted to add one. Go ahead and add the debit card. This will set up the app for sending and receiving money.
Sending Apple Cash
- To send cash, open up the Messages app and then go into a conversation or start a new one.
- Open up the Messages app and dig into a previous conversation or simply start a new conversation.
- Tap the Apple Pay button below the message field. If you don’t see it, tap the Apps icon to reveal it.
- You should see the Apple Pay button below the message field.
- Hit the plus or minus buttons to add the amount you wish to send.
- Add a message if you want.
- Tap the black circle with a white arrow when you are ready to send the money.
Apple Cash on the Apple Watch
- In Messages, go down and find the Apple Pay option.
- Turn the Digital Crown to add or subtract money.
- Tap on Pay.
Speak to Apple Pay
To pay someone with Apple Cash using Siri, simply trigger Siri and say, “Siri, Apple Pay 80 dollars to (the person’s name as mentioned in your phone records.”
Request Apple Cash from someone
- Tap on the Apple Pay option from Messages.
- Enter the amount and hit the Request button.
- Add a message if you want to.
- Hit Send when ready.
Receive Apple Cash and transfer to bank
When you receive Apple Cash from someone, it gets stored in your wallet. You can use this cash to make purchases online and in stores. You can also transfer the Apple Cash to your bank account.
Here is how you can transfer any Apple Cash you have to your bank.
- Open the Wallet app. Tap on Apple Cash.
- Tap the black circle at the top of the screen.
- Find and tap the Transfer to Bank button.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer and hit Next.
- Choose 1-3 Business Days. In case you do not have a bank account set up, you can follow the instructions on your screen to add one.
- Confirm with Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode. Wait for the money to transfer.