Best Graphic Design Programs in Ontario
Graphic designing has taken over many conventional courses and has become a dream for many. Because of its flexibility to pursue graphic designing as a certificate, diploma, or a degree course, and a promising career afterward, it is one of the best choice for students. Let us look at what graphic designing is, its scope and explore the best graphic design programs in Ontario.
What is graphic designing? –
Graphic designing is a course where one acquires the knowledge to create visual content. They learn to design art in print and electronic media. Through the course of graphic design, people learn to communicate through their artwork (print media or digital media) to a large community and convey a message. Graphic designers play on the overall framework and production design for magazines, newspapers, advertisements, illustrations, and even corporate reports.
Scope of graphic designing-
Graphic design programs are on a rise. The need for graphic designers is increasing and with this the scope. Graphic designing is a broad area where people can pursue their desired field of art/design.
Types of graphic design-
- Visual identity graphic design
- Art and illustration
- Marketing & advertising graphic design
- Publication graphic design
- User interface graphic design
- Motion graphic design
- Web design
- Packaging graphic design
- Environmental graphic design
Best graphic design programs in Ontario-
Some of the best graphic design programs in Ontario are listed here along with the varied programs offered by them in graphic design.
I. Programs offered by Algonquin college-
- Ottawa campus- Advanced diploma in graphic design, for 3 years.
- Ottawa campus- 1-year certificate course in design foundations.
II. Programs offered by George brown college-
- Waterfront Campus- Advanced diploma in graphic design, for 3 years.
- Waterfront Campus- Bachelor of Brand Design (Honors), for 8 years.
- Waterfront campus- Graduate certificate in design management, 2 semesters.
III. Programs offered by Georgian college-
- Barrie Campus- Diploma in Graphic design production, for 2 academic years.
IV. Programs offered by Humber college-
- North campus- Advanced Diploma in graphic design, for 6 semesters.
- North campus- Certificate course in graphic design for web and print, over 2 semesters.
- North campus- Bachelor of design, 8 semesters.
- North campus- Diploma in multimedia design and development, for 4 semesters.
- International Graduate School- Certificate course in graphic design for web and print, over 2 semesters.
- Lakeshore campus- Diploma in advertising and graphic design, 4 semesters.
- Lakeshore campus- Diploma in advertising and marketing communications, 4 semesters.
V. Programs offered by St. Clair college-
- Centre of arts, campus- Advanced diploma course in graphic design, for 3 years.
VI. Programs offered by St. Lawrence college-
- Kingston campus- 3-year Advanced Diploma course in graphic designing.
VII. Programs offered by Sault college-
- The main campus- 2-year Advanced Diploma course in graphic design- digital media.
VIII. Programs offered by Seneca college-
- York campus- Advanced Diploma in graphic design, 3-year course.
IX. Programs offered by Conestoga college-
- Kitchener-doon campus- Bachelor of Design (Honors), 4 years.
- Kitchener- doon campus- 1-year Certificate course in design foundations.
- Kitchener-doon campus- 1-year Graduate Certificate in Interactive media management.
- Kitchener-doon campus- 1- year Diploma in animation.
The graphic design program offers a varied scope. Below is the list of careers you can pursue after mastering the course.
Careers in graphic design-
- Graphic Designer
- Art or Creative Director
- Web Designer
- Video and Film Editor
- Architecture and Engineering Drafter
- Multimedia Artist or Animator
- Product or Industrial Designer
- Print & publishing houses
- Advertising agencies
- Marketing Manager
- Campaign Manager
- E-learning companies
- Technical Writer