Attempting to achieve a perfect eyeliner every day is hard and sometimes frustrating. It takes longer than expected to perfect the wing, and the thought of doing it every day is daunting. To make your task easier and have a precise eyeliner line, permanent makeup has come to your rescue. Permanent eyeliner, also known as eyeliner tattoo has become a rescue technique for having a perfectly shaped eyeliner shot. But before you get an eyeliner tattoo read the article as a guide to your questions- what is an eyeliner tattoo? How long does eyeliner tattoo last? Or if any risks are involved?
All you need to know about eyeliner tattoo
What is an eyeliner tattoo?
Eyeliner tattoo or permanent eyeliner is a semi-permanent makeup technique used to place pigments along your top and bottom eyelashes. It is a form of cosmetic tattooing treatment operated by trained technicians. The treatment is done to avoid wearing eyeliner daily. The eyeliner tattoo is not rigid as you can choose your style, thickness, color. This has become a popular trend as eyeliner tattoo gives natural-looking results.
How long does an eyeliner tattoo last?
How long does an eyeliner tattoo last, is a very common question in our minds when deciding about eyeliner tattoos. This is important to know as the process is risky and you are investing a lot in it. The eyeliner tattoos last about 8-18 months. It can also last up to 2- 4 years if you keep maintaining them properly. You might require a touch-up after almost a year as the pigment may start to fade away depending on the skin type. Cosmetic tattoos are not permanent, especially eyeliner tattoos because the pigmentation or embedding of the color is not deep-rooted in your skin, it is only on the top surface layers.
Benefits of eyeliner tattoo
- The eyeliner tattoo is smudge-proof and waterproof.
- It defines your eye shape and color without additional make-up.
- The best benefit is that you do not have to struggle every day to apply eyeliner.
- Eyeliner tattoo has a great advantage for those who have sparse lashes.
- Eyeliner tattoos save time, energy, and money over time.
- It provides a natural and fresh look effortlessly.
Risks of eyeliner tattoos
- If the needles used are not properly sterilized, the skin may react with inflamed tissues.
- People can get allergic reactions due to the color of the ink.
- It can also lead to bleeding, swelling, loss of eyelashes, crusting, eyelid injury, and ectropion.
- The pigments in the ink can disrupt MRI scans by affecting the quality of the image, also affected the area to swell or burn during the scanning process.
FAQs about eyeliner tattoos
- Does the procedure for eyeliner tattoo hurts? No, if done by a professional. It might hurt mildly if you have sensitive skin.
- How long does the procedure take? About 2-3 hours.
- How many days does it require to heal? About 7-10 days.
- Can anybody go for the process of eyeliner tattoo? Eyeliner tattoo is not recommended for pregnant or breasting women and people with a serious illness that can affect their immunity levels.
- How much does it cost for an eyeliner tattoo? The cost can range anywhere from $500 to $1500, plus maintenance cost.