Business & Finance
What Insurance Does Costco Optical Take?
Costco Optical is an optical store comprising a wide range of contact lenses, designer frames, and sunglasses and offers the latest technology in HD lenses. Costco Optical has one of the most knowledgeable employees in the industry, with a staff comprising trained opticians who are well regarded in the optical industry. Costco Optical is determined to ensure you receive the best possible care and are satisfied with your product and services.
Scheduling an Eye Exam at Costco
Here is what you need to do to schedule an eye exam appointment at Costco:
- Call the nearest Costco Warehouse to schedule an appointment. One can find the contact details on Google or via Costco’s “Find a Warehouse” feature.
- When prompted, select the optical department.
- Once your line has been transferred to the designated doctor of optometry, you can request to make an appointment.
- On arrival, you must either present your insurance card or pay in cash or by card. On giving your insurance card, Costco will bill your eye exam to the provider.
However, the process remains unaltered, irrespective of whether you are paying yourself or flashing your insurance card.
Does Costco Optical require Costco Membership?
Costco is known for being a “members only” retailer. However, with Costco Optical, shoppers don’t need a membership to receive services like contact lens fittings, retinal imaging, or dilation. But, one must have a Costco membership if one wants to purchase eyewear products like prescription glasses, contact lenses, or sunglasses.
What Insurance does Costco Optical accept?
If you intend to make Costco Optical your go-to place for eye care, then you must probably be considering insurance and what types of insurance they accept. One can find all the insurance details here:
- As per Costco Optical website, they accept most vision insurance plans. However, this ironically does not provide a clear vision of whether your specific plan will be accepted.
- Costco suggests connecting with your local Costco Optical centre to find out details on exactly what insurance plan you need to receive services.
- One of the biggest reasons why there are no standard answers about vision insurance from Costco Optical is due to the optometrists. The optometrists working at these locations are not Costco employees but independent doctors. Simply put, every doctor has different terms regarding which insurance they accept for the services.
While there is no official answer from Costco Optical, the centres accept most of the major national insurance providers such as Davis Vision, MES Vision, FEP BlueVision, and Spectera. However, it is best to connect with the nearest Costco Optical provider to find out about the plans they accept.
Cost of Costco Optical without Insurance:
If you are wondering if you can purchase eyewear or accessories or take services without insurance, then sure you can. Here’s what to expect in terms of monetary value without the insurance:
- Contact lens exam: $100-$125
- Eye Exam: $50- $100
- Prescription glasses: $150-$200
Costco Optical is the go-to place for vision care and eyewear. However, you may need a little extra work to determine if your insurance provider is accepted. And if you are interested in buying eyewear from them, you will have to purchase their membership too. You indeed are in for a wonderful experience at Costco Optical!
You must be logged in to post a comment Login