From basic cell phones to smartphones like Samsung and iPhone, all have welcomed advancements in technology with open arms, especially for visually impaired or blind people. Whether it is about screen readers or voice recognition features, and apps, everything contributes to an ideal phone for people with visual disabilities.
List of best phones for blind or visually impaired people
We have mentioned below the list of the best phones for blind people. Apart from phones with recent features included in the iPhone and Google Pixel for visually impaired people, there are phones that are specially designed for blind people.
1. Lucia Cell Phone
Lucia Cell Phone is not only useful for blind or visually challenged people, but also for those with hearing difficulties. It is designed with a large keypad and each button has a different shape for quick recognition. Moreover, the other features mentioned below make it an ideal phone for blind people.
- It has an emergency SOS dialing button that supports customizable dialing.
- It supports multiple languages, including Spanish, English, French, and Italian.
- It has a voice guide, which is the most helpful feature for people with low vision.
- The best part is the large fonts and display, which make dialing and texting easy.
- It also has long battery life.
2. Jitterbug Flip
Jitterbug is one of the best cell phones for people with visual issues or seniors. It is a flip phone with a keypad and offers numerous uses for low vision users. It is a great phone for conversation between blind people. The features include a magnifier, keypad, speaker, and voice dial as explained below:
- It comes with a Voice Dial feature, which allows them to make calls easily.
- Also, the larger fonts make it easier to dial.
- It allows you to talk clearly and comes with a speaker allowing hands-free talking.
3. Ray S7
Ray has more than one cell phone targeted at visually impaired users. Ray S7 is among the best phones for blind people because it works on the simple gestures used by the people. It is a touchscreen phone with an extra set of buttons on the back. We have listed its important features below:
- The android enabled keyboard allows text to speech and speech dictation to send and receive messages or other typing functions.
- Radio, podcasts, and music are added advantages for those who find screen time stressful for their eyes when using the phone for entertainment.
- Voice-enabled or other visual help related apps are easily accessible.
Blindshell has produced different smartphones for its line of cell phones for blind people. Blindshell 2 Borque is considered the best touchscreen for people with visual issues and disabled people. The features include:
- It allows easy operating owing to the gesture recognition feature.
- Apart from basic functions such as texting and making calls, voice-enabled apps and functions make it an ideal choice.
- Magnifier, book sharing, motion sensor, and song recognition are other helpful features.
If you are looking for the latest tech and convenient features, Blindshell and Ray S7 are something you shouldn’t miss. However, the Jitterbug Flip has no comparison when it comes to essential features that people with visual issues find helpful. Nevertheless, the iPhone offers great visual accessibility with voice recognition if the affordability issue is out of context.